So, just what is a diva?
Welcome to Divas With A Purpose. My goal is to answer that question for others and inspire women to embrace their Divatude regularly.
A Diva is a woman who is: Driven, Inspiring, Victorious and called to Action. Your Divatude starts from within and we all are divas – we just need to walk in our purpose.
When we hear the term “diva” we think of glitz and glamour, but the epitome of a true diva begins from the inside.
Let’s delve deeper into what being driven in your daily life means and looks like.
BEING DRIVEN IN YOUR DAY-TO-DAY LIFE
The “official” definition of driven is a goal-oriented person.As a goal-loving person, it’s only fitting that this is a part of our “divatude”.
As a diva, being driven does not mean that you’re always on the go. It means that we are striving to be the best we are called to be. Our daily goal is to be better than we were the day before. There are times when we hit the mark and times when we don’t. Our true focus is on ensuring that we are continuing to stretch and grow throughout our journey.
Here are some ways that we can do just that:
Identify ways you can grow personally
- Read more books.
- Complete an online course.
- Create an inspiration board.
- Implement a morning routine.
- Set goals to stretch yourself.
- Start a 30 day challenge.
- Read something related to personal development daily.
Identify what you want out of life and the steps to attain it
- Create a vision board.
- Commit to your personal growth.
- Reflect on some soul-searching questions.
- Identify the areas you desire to grow and improve.
- Learn from others.
- Connect with a coach or mentor.
- Set SMART goals.
Learn from and build upon mistakes from your past
I’ll be honest, this one hits deep for me. It is important for us to recognize that everyone makes mistakes. This makes you human. No matter what your mistake was – it happened. Whether it affected others, it happened. No matter how much we may want to, there’s no changing the past. We have lived through it, and now it’s time to grow from it. There may be healing that needs to take place. You may have relationships to mend and other consequences to face. I won’t minimize the repercussions. The process may be very difficult, but it’s a necessary part of your path. Will you let that moment (or moments) set the foundation for the rest of your journey? Or will you use that moment to learn more about yourself and continue to walk in your purpose?
Strive to be a role model for others with your words and actions
- Be positive and uplifting throughout your daily routine.
- Speak up about the things important to you.
- Believe in who you are and the impact you make on others.
- Surround yourself with positive and uplifting people.
- Be a mentor or volunteer within your community. (Or both.)
- Think before you speak. Remember the saying: Is it kind? Is it necessary? Is it true?