My healthy habits journey has been … exhausting. I remember when I first started I had so much resistance and frustration. I know I needed to do better. It was just difficult for me to get and stay motivated. I would have really great days and then a series of not-so-good days.
One thing that helped me stay more consistent and shift my mindset was journaling. Through a series of guided journal prompts I was able to reflect on why creating healthier habits was important and necessary. I was also able to focus on all areas of my health – not just my diet and weight.
If you can relate to any of this, I invite you to add journaling to your healthy habits routine. It helps you tie in all the things you are doing to become a healthier you.
Journal Prompts for Your Healthy Habits Journey
Here are 50 journal prompts you can use during your healthy habits journey:
- What does it mean to you to be healthy?
- What have been your biggest health struggles while being at home?
- How has your mental health been?
- What has been giving you anxiety?
- What are your biggest fears during quarantine?
- How has your physical health changed?
- What weight trends have you noticed recently?
- How has your diet changed since spending more time at home?
- What is causing you the most worries?
- How has your exercise routine changed?
- Are there any home workouts you have tried?
- Pick at least 3 new at-home workouts you can try in the next week.
- Pick an exercise you can do with others you live with.
- What do you think is the most important aspect of nutrition?
- What are some healthier food items you can add while at home?
- To improve your nutrition, try adding some structure to your day, then journal about your experience.
- How have your cravings changed since you have been home?
- Do you feel you are a boredom eater?
- Have you noticed any emotional eating tendencies?
- Go outside to walk and get fresh air, then journal how you feel afterwards.
- What is a way you can embrace and take advantage of being at home?
- What are the main sources of your stress lately?
- What are some stress relieving activities you have tried?
- What hobbies have been keeping you busy?
- How are you dealing with your kids’ health and wellness while being at home more often?
- In what ways are your kids getting exercise?
- How are you focusing on proper nutrition for your kids?
- Try creating a new daily routine that encourages healthy habits.
- What are 5 things you miss from before you were quarantined?
- What are 5 things you look forward to when things get back to normal?
- Name 5 people you can’t wait to spend more time with.
- What are 5 things you can be grateful for right now?
- Make a list of healthy snacks you can add to your diet.
- How have you been socializing lately?
- List some ways you can reach out to people more.
- What is something you have always wanted to try?
- If your productivity is suffering, what are some reasons you think that is?
- Give yourself a break – what are some things you believe you have done right?
- List self-care activities you have participated it while being at home.
- List some NEW self-care activities for your shelter-in-place time?
- What is a creative activity you can try while being at home.
- List the main things that have been on your mind lately.
- When you think of how you spend your time when you are bored, what comes to mind first?
- When the shelter in place orders are lifted, what is a way you can get out more?
- How has quarantine changed your mindset?
- What do you think you took for granted before quarantine?
- Have you read any books while in isolation?
- How do you think life will be different moving forward.
- What are some changes you have made that have improved your health so far?
- List 10 ways you can be physically and mentally healthier while at home.
Michelle D. Garrett is the founder of Divas With A Purpose. She focuses on sharing resources for being purposely productive; setting personal and professional goals and achieving them through daily action; and successfully running a business while focusing on your mental health. Michelle is a full-time entrepreneur who specializes in teaching female entrepreneurs how to show up consistently in their business – online and off.
If you enjoyed this article with journal prompts for your healthy habits journey, you will also enjoy reading: