Shocking, I know. Self-care truly is a necessity, not a luxury. Incorporating it in our daily routines should be a priority, not something we attempt to fit in on occasion.
Let’s be real with ourselves, Divas. Ask yourselves the following:
Are you able to create time for yourself without guilt? Are fun, leisure activities a priority for you? Do you honestly know what your needs are when it comes to self-care? Do you address them? Do you regularly dedicate time to “you time”? Do you see self-care as an indulgence? Honestly, do you feel as though you deserve self-care?
If you feel
- chronically tired and lethargic;
- overextended; and
- stressed consistently; or
- suffer from headaches;
- suffer from insomnia;
- crave and eat junk food (especially when stressed);
- constantly worry about others and not yourself; and
- do things you truly do not want to do
… then it may be time to address your self-care routine.
[Tweet “Simple Self-Care Assessment”]
Related Article: Easy Relaxation Tips for Busy Divas
Related Article: 5 Amazingly Easy Ways To Spoil Yourself Today
20+ Reasons Self-Care is A Necessity, not a Luxury
- The greatest gift you can offer others is providing yourself with the self-care that you deserve. A happy healthy you benefit everyone.
- Women who practice self-care routines have much healthier and happier marriages as a result of their efforts. It boosts emotional well being.
- Everyone faces roadblocks to self-care, but are yours the same as everyone else’s? It’s okay to give yourself to permission to rest.
- We’re all guilty of taking too much on ourselves & being too stubborn to ask for help, but guess what? You can have it all without doing it all.
- It’s important that you learn to rely on others just as much as they rely on you, it makes for healthier relationships and deeper happiness.
- Not sure how to ask for help? Don’t leave it too late, be clear about what you need, give them an out, and give back to others when you can.
- Are you self-aware? Or, have you allowed yourself to grow so out of control you mostly resemble an emotional meltdown? Take a break.
- Learn from the Book of Toddler 101 & embrace saying no. There’s nothing wrong with managing your life and it’s okay to say no.
- No matter what society tells you… it isn’t wrong to make you your life’s priority, in fact, in doing so you’re giving others the gift of you.
- A vacation is great, but it won’t help you one bit if you fail to practice self-care on a daily basis, you can’t neglect yourself & undo it.
- Ask yourself this: why are you guilt-free when you look after everyone else, yet doing simple things for yourself leaves you riddled with it?
- Perfection is unattainable, so why do you work so hard to achieve it when it’s a total impossibility? It’s time to let yourself off the hook.
- Create a self-care routine that is unique to you and feeds your needs, wants, and desires. Include it in your schedule so it becomes a habit.
- It’s okay to have a blank space in your schedule, one where nothing is planned and you simply allow yourself sit, reflect, and breathe.
[Tweet “#NowReading: Self-Care – Necessity Not Luxury”]
- Make time for “me time”. You might be your own worst critic, but you can also be the best company you need in life. Hang out with yourself.
- It’s okay to unplug for a while. Turn off or put away all your devices and shut down your technology and spend some time in quiet reflection.
- Practice gratitude on a daily basis, whether you record what you’re thankful for in a journal or say it out loud. Acknowledge what you’re grateful for.
- There really is something to be said for positive thinking, start steering negative thoughts into positive ones and see the difference it can make.
- Negativity rubs off, so make sure you are surrounding yourself with positive people who build you up instead of tearing you and others down.
- Proper hydration is vital to your mental & physical health, so make sure you drink plenty of water. Add cucumber, lemon, & mint for flavor.
- Paying it forward with random acts of kindness doesn’t just leave you feeling great, it gives others around you a firm boost, too.
- Happiness in life is all about balance. Learn how to balance your work, social life, me time, and all that play. Your health will thank you.