Affirmations are basically positive statements that you repeat to yourself over and over again. They are the perfect way to remind your mind of all the things you like about yourself and it is where self-love starts.
Affirmations for teenage girls are especially important because many believe that they need to fit in with society’s ideals or be popular. Some may feel like they need to change themselves in order for others to love and accept them, but affirmations can help change their mindset and empower them by reminding them of what makes them special and unique.
3 Powerful Self-Love Affirmations
It is really important for teenage girls to have positive affirmations. When they are young, teenagers are still in the process of forming their identity and self-image. Being surrounded by positive affirmations can help them feel confident and boost their self-esteem high.
Affirmations are a great daily habit that help strengthen your self-love muscle. They re-train your brain into believing that you deserve good things in life!
There are three powerful self-love affirmations that were shared with me as a teenager that have stayed with me throughout adulthood:
- I love and accept all parts of myself.
- I think positive thoughts about myself.
- I don’t need ot be perfect to be accepted.
Teaching our teenage girls the importance of starting their day with affirming words is important. It is an easy and effective way to start your day and it can be a really good practice for those who have trouble being optimistic.
Related Article: 10 Affirmations for Building Teen Self Esteem
How Do You Encourage a Teenage Girl
To encourage a teenage girl, it’s important to understand the stage of life she is in and what she’s going through. Think about the challenges she faces, and how you can help her overcome them. Help her feel capable and in control.
It’s important for parents and trusted adults to show their support and understanding of their daughter’s feelings. And it’s also important for them to be there for her when she needs them the most.
Some simple ways to encourage her include:
- Giving her a hug
- Telling her she’s beautiful
- Spending time with her
- Encouraging her to try new things
- Sending random texts, snail mail and encouraging notes
- Listening to her without judgment
You can also help by sharing these positive affirmations for teens with her! (Shameless plug, I know!)
100 Positive Affirmations for Teenage Girls
- I am beautiful, powerful, and talented.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- I am capable of so much.
- I am open and ready to learn.
- I have the power to change my life.
- I do not let my fears hold me back.
- I am an amazing person.
- Today is my day.
- Today I choose to be confident.
- I am love.
When sharing these positive affirmations for teens, you can help them internalize them by sharing specific ways they apply to their lives. Let them know the good you see in them.
- I love my body and all it does for me.
- I stand up for what I believe in.
- Every day is a fresh start.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I am strong.
- I know my self-worth.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- Today, I choose me.
- I am enough just as I am.
- Every part of me is beautiful.
- My mistakes help me learn and grow.
- I can do anything.
- I am in control of my happiness.
- I am compassion.
- Everything will be okay.
- All my problems have solutions.
- I embrace my power.
Encourage self reflection when sharing affirmations with the teenagers in your life. This builds a wonderful foundation for application and acknowledgement.
Shop Our Affirmation Stickers For Teen Girls
- I accept who I am.
- I matter.
- I am capable of reaching my goals.
- I accept myself unconditionally.
- I make time to care for myself.
- I give myself room to grow.
- My life is a gift.
- I am relaxed and at peace.
- I am well-rested and full of energy.
- It’s okay for me to have fun.
- I will turn negative thoughts into positive ones.
- I will try new things.
- I am safe.
- I will find the good in all things.
My life is a gift!
- I am thankful for the love in my life.
- I am on the right path for me.
- I am focusing on the positive today.
- I will say when I want to.
- I have the power to thrive.
- I give up the habit of criticizing myself.
- I do not need to be fixed.
- My goals are achievable.
- I make time for my friends.
- Today I will learn and grow.
- I can do all things.
- The universe is looking out for me.
- I know what’s best for me.
- I release the past and live fully in the present moment.
- I only spend time with people who bring me joy.
- I am balanced.
- I am grateful for what I can do.
Today I will learn and grow.
- I am not a failure.
- I respect my own boundaries.
- I am my greatest ally.
- My life is exactly where it should be right now.
- I embrace my unique individuality.
- I choose to be thankful.
- I prioritize myself.
- I’ve got this.
- With every breath out, I release stress in my body.
- I don’t compare myself to others.
- I radiate confidence.
- I add value to the world.
- I find joy in the little things everywhere.
- I am a work of art.
- I choose to feel blessed.
- There are no limits to what I can achieve in my life.
- I take a few minutes to relax each day.
I add value to the world!
- I practice progress, not perfection.
- My hard work will pay off.
- I am not my mistakes or my flaws.
- I don’t let others’ thoughts or judgements affect me.
- I am adventurous, fearless and fierce.
- I ask for support when I need it.
- I deflect negativity.
- Today will be a gorgeous day to remember.
- I do simple things that make me happy.
- My efforts help me succeed.
- I choose to be happy.
- I welcome financial abundance.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I am keeping my body healthy.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
I ask for support when I need it.
- I have everything I need to succeed in this stage of my life.
- I celebrate the person I’m becoming.
- I choose to live in the moment.
- I release the false security of being a people pleaser.
- I choose to let go of negative self chatter.
- I release self doubt, self defeat and self sabotage.
- I am free from expectations and criticism.
- I take things one day at a time.
- I create my life with intention.
- I am the hero in my own life story.
Who will you share these affirmations for teenage girls with? There’s a teenage girl waiting on you to make a difference in their life.
- 10 Affirmations for Building Teen Self Esteem
- Free Affirmations Journal for Teenage Girls
- 25 Positive Affirmations for Teens
Michelle D. Garrett is the founder of Divas With A Purpose.
She focuses on sharing resources for being purposely productive; setting personal and professional goals and achieving them through daily action; and successfully running a business while focusing on your mental health. Michelle is a full-time entrepreneur who specializes in teaching female entrepreneurs how to show up consistently in their business – online and off.