Here is a fun listing of October journal prompts. I use these in our family journaling projects, my business live-streams, social media posts and even to spark conversation around the dinner table.
If you have not started a regular routine of connecting with your family and encouraging your children to express themselves, I challenge you to join us for our monthly family journaling project. No rules on how to engage – just a daily prompt and a challenge to share your thoughts via words, song, art, or whatever way your heart desires.
[Tweet “#NowReading: A List of Family Friendly Journaling Ideas for the month of October #journaling”]
October Journal Prompts
- What I love about October
- I love frosty mornings because…
- It’s customer service week – rate how you do with this & list any improvements you would like to make.
- Business goals for this month are…
- It’s National Smile Day – what makes you smile & why?
- I love this cozy, warm feeling that October has because…
- This month I will treat myself to…
- Who do you know in Canada that is celebrating Thanksgiving today?
- Look outside and write down the colors that you see.
- What videos or training are you doing for your business?
- Write a poem about October.
- I woke up this morning and felt…
- What’s your favorite hot beverage at this time of year?
- What Fall Squash will you buy this month?
- Describe your favorite, or fantasy, Autumn getaway retreat…
- What’s your favorite scary movie?
- What one piece of advice would you like to give your future self?
- Curl up in your favorite blanket and write about what this means to you & how it makes you feel…
- Make a list of 5 things you are thankful for…
- What 3 ways can you nourish your soul?
- What books would you like to read this month?
- Look up a new recipe to try this week…
- How can you improve your life?
- What one thing do you want others to know about you?
- What’s one secret that no-one knows about you?
- Find all the Fall color crayons you can and color a picture.
- Does your family have a Fall tradition?
- Do you decorate your porch or yard with Autumn items?
- Do you believe in ghosts and ghouls?
- Recap how your month went.
- How will you celebrate Halloween? Or not.