Here is a listing of July journal prompts to incorporate into your journaling projects, live-streams, social media posts and even to spark conversation around the dinner table.
We started our family journaling project in 2017. It is a way to encourage creativity and conversation within our family.
If you have not started a regular routine of connecting with your family and encouraging your children to express themselves, I challenge you to join us. No rules on how to engage – just a daily prompt and a challenge to share your thoughts via words, song, art, or whatever way your heart desires.
[Tweet “#NowReading: A List of Family Friendly Journaling Ideas for the month of July #journaling”]
July Journal Prompts
- It’s Canada Day, what does this bring to mind or write about another important date this month in your country.
- What summer plans do you have?
- My business goals for July are ______.
- My weekly plans for July are _______.
- I plan on taking time off this month by ______.
- I will hire summer help [home or business] so I can ______.
- Birthdays and special dates this month are _______.
- Day trips for July include ______.
- I will keep my kids/pets busy this month by ______.
- Our vacation plans include ______.
- July blog posts will be all about ___________ this month.
- To free up time I plan to schedule emails by _____.
- Foods I would love to Barbecue this month are _____.
- My favorite summer flower is _____.
- I plan on eating more fresh fruits & veggies by __________.
- I will spend 30 minutes every day this month doing ________.
- It’s World Emoji day, draw your favorites.
- Local places I would love to visit in July are _______.
- It’s get to know my customers day. I will do this by ______.
- I won’t break my budget this month. I will plan what to spend money on by ______.
- When I sit outside I see _______.
- What will you do for Parents Day?
- My biggest business/personal fear this month is _______.
- Write out 3 ways you can be more productive today ______.
- My best business decision this month so far was _______.
- Write about the night sky you saw last night as you went to bed.
- What ice cream or summer dessert is your favorite?
- Start writing out personal or business tasks for August.
- The things I love about July are _______.
- I will celebrate International Day of Friendship by ________.
- I improved my business/life/relationship this month by ______.
[Tweet “60+ Journal Prompts to use in July #journaling”]
31 More July Journal Prompts
- List some plans and goals you have for July.
- This month is the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Do you have any business plans?
- This is the beginning of the Dog Days of Summer, when it gets the hottest. How do you like to cool off?
- If you are in the US, today you celebrate Independence Day. What will you do?
- What feelings does Independence Day bring up for you?
- What are some of your favorite memories about watching fireworks?
- How is July going so far for you?
- Write a ‘Day in the Life’ journal entry today.
- Talk about 3 people you are grateful to have in your life.
- July is National Picnic Month – do you enjoy picnics?
- Draw a picture of what comes to mind when you think about picnics.
- What is your favorite food to bring to picnics? Does this bring up any feelings or emotions?
- Talk about some summer jobs you have had in the past.
- Find something creative to do this July, or during the Summer.
- What is your favorite thing to do in July?
- It is now the middle of the month – how are you feeling so far?
- Go outside today. Where are you going, and what will you do?
- What is one thing you have always wanted to do, but haven’t yet? What is holding you back?
- At the end of the day, draw a picture about what you did or how you felt.
- When you have a sad day, what do you do that helps you feel better? Do you feel that is a healthy or unhealthy way to cope?
- Talk about your summer breaks as a young child.
- How did summer break change when you became a teenager?
- What is your stress level today? If you are stressed, do you know why?
- Talk about a vivid childhood summer memory you have.
- What is your current daily routine? Are there some improvements you could make?
- What has been your favorite summer vacation so far?
- Talk about something that scares you.
- How have you been practicing self-care this month?
- Pick one emotion and write a journal entry about it.
- It is the International Day of Friendship. Talk about the friends you are closest to in this phase of your life.
- Write about how your July has gone so far.