Welcome to Day 3 of The Embracing Your Divatude 31 Day Challenge! Today we are focusing on inspiring yourself through action.
If you are new to the challenge, you can catch up here.
Briefly, the month of May is dedicated to focusing on our Divatude – being driven, inspiring, victorious and called to action in our personal and professional lives. As women, different aspects of divatude impact our daily walk at all times. Our focus with this challenge is taking the time to reflect on our daily attitudes and actions and ensuring we are focusing on what will lift us and others around us up.
Inspiring Yourself Through Action
We cannot actively work to be an inspiration to others if we are lacking inspiration in our own lives.
We’ve all been stuck in that place where things just don’t seem to go forward. We have trouble getting motivated and our goals seem either out of reach or too weak. In short, we are uninspired!
Some self improvement experts will tell you that you have to have a good attitude in order to improve your life. I would agree with that, but it’s not always that easy. It’s hard to set aggressive goals and get inspired to achieve them when your mindset is not right.
If your mind is not ready to embrace more exciting goals, then change will be difficult. In fact, if you’re not ready for it, then it will be hard to conquer even small challenges. If you can’t take on small challenges, then it’s going to be impossible to change your life to the degree you’d ultimately like.
I believe in using action to inspire myself and create change. In effect, we’re doing what many may see has working backwards and forcing our attitude to match our actions. If you shake things up by taking action first, you’ll get your mind ready to create and pursue more exciting goals. Fellow blogger and Divatude Challenge participant from last year, Janeane from Janeane’s World encourages her readers to Take Action Now in their professional and personal lives.
Action Words For Inspiration
Below are 5 inspiring action verbs that you can use to shake things up and get yourself mentally ready to take on new challenges. If you use these techniques, even in small ways, you will naturally find yourself on the road to change. Change leads to bigger and better goals. Bigger and better goals lead to accepting greater challenges… and so on, and so on.
1. Give – Give to a charity, an individual in need, or simply a friend or relative. You don’t have to give something expensive or big. Just a show of appreciation will do, such as a card or a flower. Why it works… giving is a very uplifting experience since it frees your mind from thinking that there is not enough in the world. Giving teaches you that there is plenty to go around, and it will cause you to attract more good things in your life.
2. Learn – Learn a new language or a new dance. Learn about something you know nothing about, or learn to play a song on the piano or guitar. Why it works… learning something new develops your nervous system and makes you think in ways you’ve never thought before.
3. Change – Change your routine, take a different route to work, change your usual clothing style, your hair style, or change what you normally eat. Why it works… change begets change. If you want a big change, start by making a small change.
4. Participate – Participate in community activities, a sports team, or join a club. Why it works… participation requires social interaction and creativity, both of which will stimulate and inspire.
5. Create – Create a piece of art, write a short story, make a bookshelf, or start a web site. Why it works… creating stimulates all those dormant forces that allow change to enter your life.
Each time you perform one of these inspiring actions, take several minutes to feel good about it. You want your attitude to catch up to your actions. Also make sure that you enjoy the process, knowing that what you are doing is good for you and those around you as well.
Which action word will you implement today to inspire yourself and others?
Remember, nothing happens without taking action!