I have learned that the best way for me to be productive and fulfilled within my daily routine is to be specific and intentional with my actions. No matter what situation I am in being a DIVA consists of 4 components: being Driven, Inspiring, Victorious and called to Action. These are characteristics I strive to embody in my day-to-day walk personally and professionally.
One thing I have learned over the years, especially after my transition to full-time divapreneurship, is their is a distinct difference between being action-based and busy.
Busy is defined as actively doing something. Often there is not a specific focus on your tasks – it’s a list of things that need to be completed.
Action-based to me is more focused and strategic. They are aligned with your specific goals for your personal and professional life and organized in a way to help you be more productive and successful.
Be More Action-Based In Your Daily Routine
- Taking action is one of the best ways to learn and improve – identify something you have wanted to do and do it! I was recently talking to my best Diva and she expressed that she’s setting a “career bucket list”: a list of things she wants to learn how to do and add to her list of things she’s able to do. At first I wrote it off as one of her hare-brained ideas, but the more she talked the more I was like what an amazing idea! Think about all the things you wanted to learn to do and always write off as “one day, someday”. Why not commit to making “one day, someday” come sooner.
- Set S.MA.R.T. goals: Sometimes I feel like a broken record, but my passion and commitment to Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-Based goals has made such a difference in my life. Are all goals S.M.A.R.T.? No, not at all. But for the major changes that I am making within my life, I am consistent about setting S.M.A.R.T. goals to keep me focused and taking daily action towards my success.
- Make a difference by volunteering and supporting others: I and the women within the Divas With A Purpose community truly believe in giving back and sowing into the lives of others – personally and professionally. When you can commit to helping others without any hidden agenda – just for the pure joy of giving someone who truly needs it the encouragement, inspiration and motivation they need – you will see a difference in so many areas of your life.
- Determine your passion in life and work in it: I shared in the video below the 4 things I attribute to my success in establishing my home-based business. The last item I discussed is how much of a difference it makes when you are truly walking and working in your purpose. Work is not as stressful and you give more of yourself in the ways that it truly matters.
- Acknowledge that what you do (the small and not-so-small) matters. You make a difference in the lives of others. Often times we try to wait until we’re able to make this huge impact rather than focus on the simple small actions we take daily that make an overall difference in the lives of those we encounter on a daily basis.
How will you commit to being more action-based in your daily routine starting today?