I am declaring that we will be making moves in 2014, Divas!
As we make our SMART goals and challenge ourselves to follow-through and be accountable, we have to prepare ourselves. As with any journey, you have to make sure you pack accordingly, chart your path and ensure your vehicle is in tip-top shape.
Questions to Ask Before Making Moves
This is far from an exclusive list, but some key questions to ask are:
- What specifically do I want to accomplish?
- Why do I want to accomplish this goal? What purpose will it serve in my life and the life of others?
- What tools will I need to meet this goal?
- Which tools do I already have in my possession?
- How will I get the ones that I don’t have but need?
- Am I ready to dedicate the time and energy necessary to make this goal a reality?
This last question is essential. Often, we make goals that sound great when we discuss them, write them on paper or create our vision board. All of that is moot, if we are not willing and able to put in the WORK to make them happen. When realizing your goals, take the time to have a reality check and ask yourself if you are at a place in your life, where you are willing to make sacrifices for what your want to accomplish?