Here is a listing of June journal prompts to incorporate this month. We use these in our journaling projects, live-streams, social media posts and even to spark conversation around the dinner table.
If you have not started a regular routine of connecting with your family and encouraging your children to express themselves, I challenge you to join us for our monthly family journaling project. No rules on how to engage – just a daily prompt and a challenge to share your thoughts via words, song, art, or whatever way your heart desires.
June Journal Prompts
- What goals do you have for the month of June?
- National Gardening Week: This is a great time to plant something.
Write about what you choose to plant in your garden. (Need gardening tips. My friend has a wonderful community called We Sow We Grow that can help you out!)
- What do you hope to achieve this week?
- What are your favorite plants?
- What are your favorite flowers?
- What do you like to do when the weather gets hot?
- Reflect on your favorite part of spring.
- Today is Best Friend’s day: What is something you can do to celebrate?
- If you were to call a friend right now, who is the first person you think of?
Why do you think that is?
- Write about what friendship means to you.
- In what ways can you be a better friend?
- Write a stream of consciousness journal entry.
- Doodle or draw a picture of how you are feeling today.
- It is now halfway through June – what are you grateful for this month?
- List some regrets you have, and how you can change your mind set about them.
- Today is Father’s Day in the U.S. If you celebrate it, what will you do?
- What is your favorite Father’s Day memory?
- Go Fishing Day – Are you a fan of fishing?
Talk about a time you learned to fish or enjoyed fishing.
- Get creative with a short story or poem about fishing.
- Try a new recipe and journal your experience.
- First Day of Summer: Do one thing to help celebrate it today.
- Do you know what Summer Solstice is? Talk about it.
- Make a list of 10 things you want to do this summer.
- List some personal summer goals.
- List some work-related summer goals.
- What do you think is the best part of your day?
- Pick a day from your childhood that you remember clearly and write about it.
- What are some creative projects you have been working on this month?
- It’s Free Thinkers Day – what does that mean to you?
- Write an end of month review about how June went.
31 More June Journal Prompts
- Father’s Day is this month. Describe your Dad.
- The thought of June brings ______ to mind.
- My business goals for June are ______
- My weekly plans for June are ______
- I will manage my time this month by ______
- I will take more time off to enjoy the outdoors by ______
- I plan to take [person] to [place].
- For World Music Day I will listen to ______
- My business special/sale for this month is ______
- I will start making plans for a summer vacation by ______
- Topics I will blog about this month are ______
- I plan to increase my emails this month by sending out ______ per week.
- I will appreciate my spouse/partner today by ______
- My favorite Summer time activity is ______
- I am grateful for ______
- I will enjoy today by ______
- I plan on taking a walk [place] this month.
- I will eat [new food/recipe] this month
- I will clean out my closet this weekend and donate clothes to ______
- My goal is to save $xxx this month by ______
- I will work on my health this week by ______
- What do I fear most?
- I plan to take my work outside today by ______
- The best thing I have done this month is ______
- Describe a way that you can surprise your family or friends.
- Who have you helped this month and how?
- The nicest thing I like about where I live is ______
- I have never visited [place] and plan on doing so soon.
- I am so glad it’s June because ______
- My plans for July include ______
- I improved my business this month by ______