Of course there are way more than 5 ways to make a happy home. However, the 5 that I’m sharing today are the five that I will be focusing on for the next month and sharing on this weekly series and link-up.
To me there are many aspects to a happy home. The purpose of this weekly link-up is to share and explore them. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m far from Susie Homemaker, Martha Stewart or Paula Deen. However, one of my goals this year is to focus more on home-life. This weekly series helps keep me accountable.
5 Ways to Make a Happy Home
- Quality Time With Each of My Family Members – With the hustle and bustle of life, it’s easy to get caught up in our schedules. Each week, I’d like to set aside dedicated time to spend one-on-one with everyone in the household and for us to spend together.
- Organization – This is one of my areas that needs improvement. I’d like to implement simple organization ideas that will help us declutter and become more efficient.
- Family Chore Charts – This will make Momma happiest. I believe giving children chores is not only good for the general household but for their personal development. I’m not the best at holding my kids accountable for their chores and I believe a chore chart will help us all in the long run.
- Family Garden – Both of my sons love growing things. They are a great help with the household plants we have and we’re all looking forward to expanding to a garden.
- Focus on Gratitude – This is a resounding theme in my life and household. My goal is to make sure I let my family know on a regular basis I’m thankful for them with my words and actions. I, also, want to make sure my kids embrace a spirit of gratitude in their daily walk.
Do you have specific areas of home-life that you’re focusing on this summer? Bloggers, feel free to link-up your favorite posts that incorporate making a happy home (recipes, do it yourself projects, decorating tips, family time ideas, the list could go on and on).
Have a fantastic week, Divas!