After Thanksgiving, once Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the holiday shopping season is in full swing – somehow showing gratitude during the holidays can seem to get lost in the shuffle. We become focused on crossing everyone off of our list, the newest and hottest gadgets, holiday travel, often everything but the true reason for the season.
Simple Ways to Show Gratitude During The Holidays
- If you have been keeping a gratitude jar during the year, the holiday season is a great time to re-visit the items placed in their and reflect over the previous year. If you have not, this is a great time to start the tradition or something similar.
- Send holiday cards to family and friends and include at least one reason why you are thankful they are a part of your life.
- Give the gift of time to an organization in your community and commit to helping throughout the coming year.
- Pay it forward with simple gestures. The holidays can be a stressful time for many and sometimes even the smallest act of kindness can make a huge impact in someone’s life.
- Remember to thank those that provide services for you throughout the year – your mailman, delivery drivers, garbage men, etc.
Share ways you show gratitude during the holiday season in the comments below.
Click the picture for a FREE Holiday Printable.
Each Thursday on Divas With A Purpose, we pause to reflect on what we’re thankful for. Gratitude is a huge part of my life. A few years ago I made a conscious decision to reflect more on what I had versus what I did not have – since then I’ve seen a considerable positive change in my attitude and demeanor even in stressful situations. I encourage my supporters to take a moment to think about what they have to be thankful for. Feel free to share below in the comments – you never know how you’ll inspire and motivate someone else.
Powered by BLM Girls