Pinterest has quickly become a go-to for many people – whether it is to find a quick recipe for dinner or ideas for sprucing up a room in the home. If you have a product or service to promote, Pinterest may be an option for you.
10 Pinterest Tips for Business Owners
- Separate your business account from your personal account. This way your followers and supporters are only seeing business related posts that you want them to see.
- Don’t overwhelm your followers with a flood of pins. Spread them out a bit.
- Similar to Facebook, you can use “@” to tag someone in a comment. Interact with your followers and those you pin. They will remember you and your pins.
- Plan and organize your boards so they have a specific theme or topic.
- You can use this domain to see what has been pinned from your website and where: http://pinterest.com/source/yourdomain.com
- Add text to your images to expand on your topics
- Create images that are text only – they aren’t as popular but they are still pin-worthy
- Only use quality, relevant images. If the photos are blurry or irrelevant is a waste of time
- Pin coupons/deals for your product that are exclusive to your Pinterest followers.
- Regularly contribute to group boards within your industry or topic interest
- BONUS: Pin about others in your industry – don’t just self-promote.
Are you on Pinterest?
Personally, professionally or both?