I’ve been unusually quiet the past month or so – on my blog, social media, everywhere.
Life has a way of doing that to you.
Days turn into weeks in a blink of an eye.
One thing I’ve learned is that life goes on and we have to move forward. Even when every fiber of our being wants to stand still, run backwards, sideways or anywhere but pushing forward.
A few life lessons that have been reiterated over the past few weeks:
- Life is precious. Enjoy the moments and those who matter most. You never know when those moments may be the last.
- Take care of your body. Don’t ignore the signs of sickness. Rest, refresh and relax. I put off what I thought was a simple cold and ended up totally knocked off my feet, a brief hospital stay and weeks of recovering. All could have been avoided if I’d paid attention to my body’s signs early on.
- Know your limitations and boundaries. Don’t compromise what’s most important in your life for things that aren’t as high on your list of priorities.
- Cuddle-time with my babies (who aren’t really babies any more – when did that happen???) still make everything all better
Moving forward is critical to reaching your goals in life, and you can find ways to keep going each and every day. When you look for ways to move ahead, you inch closer and closer to what you’d like to achieve.
As you progress towards your goals or if you find yourself struggling to move forward, here are some ways to keep moving forward:
- Keep a journal so you can keep track of what you’ve accomplished every day.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people who are also interested in achieving a common goal.
- Remove negativity from your life by choosing to focus on happiness and joy.
- Stay busy, instead of allowing yourself to just sit around and make excuses.