What is the importance of 35th birthday? On the morning of mine, I sat down and wrote these 35 reflections on turning 35. Turning 35 was a birthday that hit me differently than any of the other milestones I had already celebrated did.
We take a moment and think about what we have experienced in life.
The older you get milestone birthdays have a way of doing that. For many of us it is a (maybe not-so-gentle) reminder of where we are … or aren’t … in life. We take a moment and think about what we have experienced in life. It can be a wake-up call to make serious changes in our lives: change of job, begin exercising or changing our diet.
What do we want our life to look like 35 years from now?
We definitely do not want to get so busy and focused on the here and now that we do make plans for what we want to do later in life. The importance of our 35th birthday is to pause and truly think about what we want our life to look like at age 70. Full of regrets and should haves? Or full of wonderful stories of the memories you have created with yourself and loved ones? It is easy to say that you will wait to do something later in life – the time can be now.
Time speeds up with adulthood.
Let’s be honest, once we hit adulthood, time seems to speed up. I pinky promise swear I was just celebrating my 30th birthday! And now I’m at the mid-point of my 30s. A husband, job that has me feeling meh, three wonderful children, and wondering what is next? Over the past few weeks I’ve been jotting down some reflections and thoughts and compiled this list of 35 reflections.
They are in no particular order – just thoughts that popped into my head as I started writing and thinking on where I am, what I’ve experienced and what’s on the horizon.
35 Reflections on Turning 35
- I am enough.
- I am worthy.
- I can forgive and let go.
- I learn from my life experiences – the good and the not so good.
- I embrace change – even the unexpected ones that seem to throw life into a spiral.
- SMART Goals are so important and essential in life!
- Budgeting is NOT a dirty word!
- I embrace my DIVAtude – being driven, inspiring, victorious and called to action!
- I am beautiful – from the inside out!
- I don’t always have to have the last word – because actions often speak louder than words!
- I don’t regret any choices or paths in life I’ve taken – they’ve all helped to shape me to be the wonderful DIVA I am today
- My mother was right…about it all!
- Never say never...
- I’m so my mother’s daughter…and that’s okay
- I’m, also, my Daddy’s daughter…and that’s alright, too!
- I’m comfortable in my own skin
- Forgiveness is a powerful thing.
- Work-life balance is essential to being the best I can be
- Always remember my WHY – some sacrifices need not be made
- I am creating my legacy
- Laundry multiplies magically so there’s no point in stressing because I’m not “caught up”
- It’s okay to be selfish
- Daily, sincere gratitude opens the door to so many blessings
- Time heals
- One can never watch too much Law & Order
- Or Criminal Minds
- There’s something about curling up with a good book that does wonders for the soul
- A good laugh with your DIVAs is pretty awesome, too!
- You can’t do it all alone – get a team and delegate
- Decluttering is a dirty job … but someone has to do it!
- Life hurts but it is an awesome journey
- You may learn things from the most unexpected sources
- It’s okay to question what you don’t understand
- Hugs are great
- So is cuddle time!
I’d love to hear from you, DIVAs!
Do you have any special traditions to celebrate your birthday?
Any personal reflections you’d like to share?