Welcome to Day 15 of our 31 Days of Embracing Your Divatude Challenge! Today’s challenge is to identify key players on your path to success. We all should have a team that encourages, motivates and inspires us.
If you are new to the challenge, you can catch up here.
Briefly, the month of May is dedicated to focusing on our Divatude – being driven, inspiring, victorious and called to action in our personal and professional lives. As women, different aspects of divatude impact our daily walk at all times. Our focus with this challenge is taking the time to reflect on our daily attitudes and actions and ensuring we are focusing on what will lift us and others around us up.
A few months ago, I read an article on Forbes.com that discussed the key players in our lives – our top five. Simply stated, it asked you to look at the five people you spent the most time with and honestly evaluate if they made you a better person overall.
We all need certain personalities around us that we may not necessarily mesh with all the time but their purpose is to motivate, inspire and kick our divalicous butts into gear.
Related Periscope Videos:
3 minute recap / 8 minute extended version
Identify Key Players: Who Are They?
Can you identify the following people in your life?
- Encourager. Someone who motivates you and is committed to your success just as much as you are. This person is often the one who will remind you during those rough times why you’re doing what you’re doing and just how awesome you are in general
- A Shining Star. Someone who is doing the darn thing and inspires you by showing you that it can be done if you put the time and effort in.
- Visionary. Someone who sees the big picture and points out details you may overlook
- Accountability Partner. Someone who keeps you aligned with your goals; follows-up on deadlines and can be super pushy when necessary
- Anchor. Someone who is there, has been there and will be there through thick and thin; they’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly and still love and support you
Your challenge is to identify these people in your life. Are they equipped for the roles you have placed them in? Are they fulfilling their purpose?