Baking with my kids is always a treat. It’s a time for us to spend time together, talk and learn together.
“As a mother of triplets, simplicity is key,” said Christine Garboski, Manager at the Nestl Culinary Center. “Fun, easy recipes teach cooking basics and inspire creativity.”
- Unveil the inner chef. Teach the basic cooking fundamentals by allowing kids to measure ingredients, season recipes or brush marinade on pork chops or chicken before grilling, baking or sauting.
- Sticky, drippy and just plain icky. Avoid unnecessary messes and spills by rinsing and stacking used dishes in the sink as you cook, and storing ingredients away after using.
- No boo-boos. Ensure safety by using blunt scissors, plastic knives or serrated dinner knives when slicing meats, fruits and vegetables.
- Keep it simple. Remember that kids have short attention spans and lose interest quickly. Prepare easy recipes such as the one that follows for Alphabet Cookies.
- Kids will love using the cookie cutters, as well as frosting and decorating each letter with tube icing and colorful candy sprinkles.
Our family has been putting our newest baking pan – a Bellemain 14″x17″ Heavy Duty Aluminum Baking Pan – to the test lately with some yummy baked treats! I’m fairly no frills when it comes to my kitchenware – my key selling points are they need to be easy to clean and store. This pan is both!
My favorite features:
- Made of heavy duty aluminum – it’s thick and sturdy.
- Two flat sides make for easily sliding food off of the pan
- Easy to store and clean!
What are your favorite ways to involve the entire family with meal preparation?
Share below in the comments or on our Facebook page.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Monday 24th of November 2014
Thanks so much for the recipe! I agree, baking is a fun way to bond as a family and you also get some scrummy food as a result as well! On days when I bake with my little sister there is always happiness in the house.