Things have been a little quiet here on the blog throughout July. I’ve spent much of the month with family and friends – enjoying life. From family reunions to diva days out to playing in the rain with my little ones.
Making The Most out of Life’s Little Moments
My youngest son recently came up to me to tell me he had the best day ever. As far as I could tell we hadn’t done anything truly significant – no Chuck E Cheese, no ice cream, no water parks, just regular stuff. When I asked why his response gave me an emotional “mommy moment” – “Because I spent it with you, Silly”
No, every day can’t be like a day at the carnival. We can, however, make the most out of the moments we have and make them as enjoyable and memorable as possible. By treasuring the time we have with those we love, we can create memories and stories that will last a lifetime.
Enjoying Life: It’s Simple To Do
Sometimes we take the fun out of enjoying life by making it too complicated. There are simple things we can do within our daily lives to bring joy to ourselves and those around us.
- Have a lazy family day – spend time at home doing fun, family stuff together and disconnecting from social media, cell phones, etc
- Cross something off your bucket list
- Eat dessert first
- Take silly pictures and send them to a friend to brighten their day
- Sleep in
- Have a candle light dinner at home
- Take a walk around your neighborhood – wave and smile to those you pass
- Reach out to an old friend to say hello
- Decide what’s important and eliminate some of the unnecessary “stuff”
- Slow down and enjoy the moments you take for granted: cuddling with your kids, an extra hug from your spouse, a chat with a friend, etc