This article shares 31 August Social Media Prompts to help you show up consistently prepare your social media content calendar for the month.
I have to admit. August is a fun month for content. There are so many awareness and month-long focuses that will align with your social media platforms: Black Business Month; Admit You’re Happy Month; Family Fun Month and Home Business Month are just a few!
Each month I strive to share a social media calendar to get you started with engaging content to connect with your followers and build a community of supporters and customers. Community building has been a game-changer for my business and social media presence. When you are in the process of building your community it is important to post consistently on your social media channels, engage and be your authentic self.
Below is a graphic you can save to for easy access or you can bookmark this article to refer to each day for your August Social Media Prompts. The great thing about these prompts is that you can use them to post on your social media channels – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat, the list is endless. You can create images, live-streams and even quick video snippets to answer each prompt and encourage your followers to respond back to you with their answers or ideas.
August Social Media Content Calendar
- National Girlfriends Day: Share the biz girlfriends who make a difference in your business life. Use the #NationalGirlfriendsDay
- #BizGoals: Share your goals and focus for the new month
- Share something you’ve enjoyed reading or learned from on social media. Don’t forget to tag the source and give them credit.
- Home Business Month: Ask your community what questions they have about working from home. Answer them in the thread, do a live or recorded video or publish an article on your website or LinkedIn.
- Quote of the Day: Create a graphic with a quote you’ve said or one that speaks to you and your community will connect with.
- Simplify Your Life Week: Simplify Your Life is the focus for the first full week of August.What are your methods for simplifying your life. You can share the business tools / resources you use or specific methods you’ve implemented.
- Professional Speakers Day: Share why you love speaking to others and the topics you are passionate about speaking about. Include a photo of you speaking. Not a public speaker? Share a speaker you’ve heard recently that you admire or said something that stood out to you.
- #SaturdayReads: What are you currently reading? Share an image, quote or review of a business-related book that you are reading.
- Book Lovers Day: Share a book that has made an impact on your business
- Home Business Month: Share what makes your home business unique.
- Behind the Scenes: Show a glimpse of the person behind the business and how you make it all happen.
- Admit You’re Happy Month: Ask your community what makes them happy. Don’t forget to share what makes YOU happy!
- #OneWord2020: How are you implementing your #OneWord this month?
- Do you have an eBook? Share it and why it’s a must read. Have one you’re sitting on? Talk about how this month will be a push to complete. Don’t have one? Share one that you enjoy.
- National Failures Day: Share the lesson(s) learned from a business “failure”.
- #GoodMorning: Share your morning view and what you’re thankful for this week.
- National Nonprofit Day: Shine a light on a nonprofit that you support.
- National Bad Poetry Day: Share a bad poem about the work you do. Invite your community to do the same. Best “worst” poem wins a prize (could be a social media shout out, interview, digital product, etc)
- World Photo Day: Share a photo that is special to you – personal or professional. Invite your community to do the same.
- Black Business Month: Share a black-owned business that you support. Use #BlackBusinessMonth
- Friday Introductions: (Re)Introduce yourself to your community. Share how they can connect with your regularly (email opt-in, website, etc)
- Promote You: Share a product or service that you offer
- Home Business Month: What are you thankful for as a result of your business?
- Shooting Star Day: If you saw a shooting star, what would you wish for?
- Tip Tuesday: Share a tip that relates to your niche with your community.
- Family Fun Month: What fun experiences has your business afforded your family?
- Just Because Day: What will you do today (or this week) just because …
- #BizTip: What’s a valuable business tip you’ve learned this month?
- Life of an Entrepreneur: How have you sown into yourself this month?
- National Wellness Month: Share a wellness tip related to your niche.
- #August2018: Share your favorite moments from this month