Before you jump into using positive affirmations, look at your big picture to uncover the details about what you have, what you want, and what needs to change to achieve your goals. There are a few questions below to help you get started. After you picture what you want to change, in your mind, answer the questions aloud, or write them down, for future reference. You will probably need to refer back to them.
Envision every area of your life filled with more success. What do you see? What area or part of your life came to mind first? How does it feel? What is different? Is it possible to be more successful? Now, do the same thing for happiness. Picture every area of your life filled with more happiness. What does it look like? What area came to your mind first? How does it feel? What changed? Is it possible for you to be happier?
The ability to envision what you want to achieve and change is very important. The more often you do it, the easier it becomes. As this happens, you’ll begin adding more details each time you envision your “new life.” The more detailed your vision is, the more likely you are to achieve the results you want. Did you fudge and skip the imagery part above? If so, do it now.
I mentioned that your possibilities are waiting. But what are they waiting for? They are waiting for you to make meaningful changes to reach your goals. You’ve heard “If you keep doing the same old things, you’ll keep getting the same old results.” Well, that’s your call to action.
To make changes, you need to do four things. First, picture how your life will change when you achieve your goals. Envision this frequently to get the clearest picture and the most details. Chalk-up a success for yourself each time you imagine this “coming soon” place and time.
36 Positive Affirmations to Motivate Yourself
- Every choice I make leads to bigger and better opportunities.
- I find something positive about every situation.
- I find optimistic ways of dealing with difficulties.
- I find ways to praise others and offer helpful suggestions.
- I find the best solutions to problems by listening and learning from others.
- I gain valuable insights from today’s experiences.
- Today I make a commitment to give others what I want to receive.
View this post on Instagram
- I use strategies that motivate me to move forward.
- I look at things from multiple perspectives to see the big picture.
- I choose to participate fully in my day.
- I seek a new way of thinking about this situation.
- My answer is before me, as I look carefully at the details.
- I believe in my ability to find and navigate the path that’s right for me.
- I release my need to have the approval of others.
- I gain joy, fulfillment, and happiness from this day.
- I have all it takes to make this day productive.
- I face difficulties with courage and determination.
- I am excited to see today’s blessings revealed.
- New and exciting opportunities manifest in my life continually.
- I always find ways to get back on track.
- I choose to free myself from all negativity that hampers my progress.
- I am in control of my life.
- I believe in my ability to gain valuable insights from this situation.
- I have faith in my ability to pursue my dreams no matter what.
- My family and friends support me, even if they don’t share my dreams.
- I help others to accomplish their dreams.
- I have compassion when others don’t understand my dreams.
- I have all the support and help I need.
- I am successful in whatever I do.
- I can become successful in life using lessons from mistakes.
- I attract success.
- I pursue success that is personalized specifically for me.
- I know what motivates me best and use it to my advantage.
- I remind myself why I want to achieve my goal, so I don’t give up.
- I press on because I believe my path will prepare me for success.
- It is always too early to give up on my goals.