It is important to share affirmations for our teenage sons‘ self-esteem. Often when we think of affirmations, we focus on our daughters and ourselves, but they can make a big impact in the lives of everyone.
I can vividly recall the first time I realized my tween son was struggling with his self-esteem. He’d gotten in trouble for something and written an apology note to me. Throughout the note he referenced being “stupid” and “bad” and “not good enough”. It truly broke my heart.
The Benefits of Using Positive Affirmations For Teenage Guys
Positive affirmations are powerful tools that can be used to help you achieve your goals. They can also be used to help teenage guys get through tough times.
Affirmations can also be used by the teenage guys we love who need some guidance and support in their lives.
The benefits of them using positive affirmations include:
- Getting rid of negative thoughts and beliefs
- Improving self-esteem and confidence
- Increasing optimism and hope
The topic of self-love is no stranger here on Divas With A Purpose.
On one of my older articles entitled Inside Out Beauty I shared these words:
As a parent, I try my hardest to instill self-confidence in my children. Not in regards to their physical attributes, but to what’s inside them. I want them to know that they are beautiful beings from the inside out and not the outside in. The most beautiful looking person can have the ugliest heart and attitude. However, someone that may not have the physical attributes that most of society deems as pretty can have the most wonderful and beautiful spirit. Who would you want to be around?
One of my favorite ways to encourage my sons’ positive self-esteem is to share uplifting affirmations with them. They have posters, screensavers on their technological devices, and notes slipped in their book bags and lunch boxes. Little nuggets to let them know how awesome I think they are – not for what they do, but because of who they are.
My Favorite Affirmations for my Teenage Son
Here are 3 of my favorite affirmations to share with my teen son:
“All the wonders you see are within yourself!”
The teenage years can be brutal. There are so many crazy emotions and changes going on. I want my son to know that rather than depending on others for his “coolness”, that all that he aspires to be is found within himself. It’s okay to be different and original.
Make it personal: All the wonders I see are within me!
“Don’t you dare, for one more second, surround yourself with people who are not aware of the greatness that you are.” – Jo Blackwell-Preston
This one is pretty self-explanatory – during the teenage years it’s easy to fall into cliques or try to conform yourself to fit in. Your true friends will love and accept you for who you are.
Make it personal: I will not surround myself with people who are not aware of the greatness that I possess.
“Every individual has a place to fill in the world, and is important, in some respect, whether he chooses to be so or not.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
We all need to be reminded just how important and precious we are. I love this quote and share it with my teenager regularly because it is a great testament to how awesome he is.
Make it personal: I have a place to fill in this world. I am important whether I choose to be so or not.
47 More Affirmations for Teenage Boys
- I have unlimited potential
- I stand for what is right.
- I stay calm.
- My actions are laying the foundation for my future self.
- I choose to be positive.
- I will stop and think before reacting.
- My thoughts matter.
- I was created to be uniquely me.
- These feelings of sadness / anger / hurt will pass.
- I cultivate great study habits.
- I have a strong support system that is there for me.
- am prepared, relaxed and ready to do my best on this test.
- I believe in me.
- I see the best in myself and others.
- I learn and grow every day.
- I make good choices about what I put into my body.
- I am doing my best. That is all I can do.
- I stand for what is good.
- I make my own decisions about what is right and wrong.
- I choose to have positive people around me.
I believe in me.
- I have a purpose in life.
- I am proud of the person I see in the mirror.
- I can look myself in the eyes and be proud of who I am.
- I will do the best I can in all situations I face.
- I am calm and confident.
- I walk with integrity.
- Help is available when I need it. I will ask and receive it when needed.
- I am still growing and learning. I am a wonderful work in progress.
- I am proud of who I am and who I am becoming.
- I have gifts and talents specific to me that I will utilize in my life.
- I love the person I am becoming.
- I am confident about the way I look.
- I learn from the challenges I face.
- I believe in my abilities.
I am proud of who I am and who I am becoming.
- I am braver than I believe, stronger than I seem and smarter than I think.
- I believe in me. I have faith in my abilities.
- I will face my struggles and overcome them.
- I will not make excuses. I will take action to do what I am responsible for doing.
- I am the architect of my life. My studies and habits are laying a strong foundation to build on.
- This is only a short phase of life. I will make sure it is positive and impactful.
- I can and will change my negative thoughts and actions.
- I release anger so I can think and act calmly.
- I am calm in the face of conflict.
- I accept myself just the way I am.
- I am committed to my success.
- I do what is best for my mind and body.
- I focus on positive thoughts and actions.
- All the wonders I see are within me!
- I will not surround myself with people who are not aware of the greatness that I possess.
- I have a place to fill in this world. I am important whether I choose to be so or not.
Affirmation Books for Teenage Boys
Affirmation Books for Teenage Boys
Boys need affirmation. Here's a list of books about boys and teens that affirm them, bring out their uniqueness, and encourage them to be themselves.
This list contains affiliate links.
Michelle D. Garrett is the founder of Divas With A Purpose. She focuses on sharing resources for being intentionally productive, setting personal and professional goals and achieving them through daily action, and successfully running a business while focusing on one’s mental health. Michelle is a full-time entrepreneur who specializes in teaching female entrepreneurs how to show up consistently in their business – online and off.
If you enjoyed this article, then you will also enjoy reading:
Dr Renee Cohn Jones
Sunday 27th of February 2022
Michelle this is great! As a parent coach, I've noticed that teen boys (and often boys in general) get the short stick in our society. I'm so appreciative that you wrote this...and, since I don't have sons, I plan to use some of these affirmations with my teenage daughters. Thank you for this inspiring post!
Tuesday 15th of February 2022
I’m a huge fan of affirmations. I use them myself daily. And I promote their use as a powerful tool for health and wellbeing among my holistic health coaching clients as well. Since most of my clients are older women, it brought me abundant joy to see affirmations being promoted and used (so wisely I might add!) with young men here on this web site. Keep up the fabulous work!
Saturday 12th of February 2022
Excellent article and affirmations. Wish I'd had this for my first son... it might have made a big difference in his life.
Connie Ragen Green
Friday 11th of February 2022
This should be required reading for so many people who would benefit. Kudos for sharing your insights here.
Thursday 10th of February 2022
WOW Michelle! I wish I had this resource when my son was growing up. I was always searching and making up positive affirmations and stuff for him. This would have made it so much easier!