I loss someone very near and dear to me today. My uncle, who was 42 years young, passed away unexpectedly. It is in times like these that you realize how precious life is and how much we take for granted. We sometimes forget how quickly someone can slip away. There’s little I can and will say right now. I just ask that you pray for my family. Pray for his wife and 8 year old daughter.
Remember that life is precious and that we should cherish those that we have around us. Remember to say I love you and I appreciate you. Remember to kiss and hug them goodbye. Sometimes we have to just let old hurts and disappointments go, because in the end they just don’t matter when the one you love is no longer hear in the physical.
I gave myself a challenge for 2011 and as hard as it is right now, I am going to stick with it. My focus for the year is gratitude and each day I will reflect on what I am thankful for in my life and specifically list 5 things.
Today I am thankful for:
- The gift of salvation. Knowing that there is a God and that he will comfort and protect us all. Knowing that there is an afterlife and my uncle is resting and at peace right now.
- My family. We have our ups and downs but we’re always there for one another to support, nurture, and love.
- My friends. I am blessed to have a small but loving circle of girlfriends who are like sisters to me. They are there for me whenever, whatever and I truly am thankful for that.
- The gift of laughter. It truly does heal.
- A warm and comfortable bed to lay my weary body in. The ability to rejuvenate my body and my spirit as I face the coming days.
Be blessed Divas!!! My challenge to you is to reach out to a family member you may have lost touch with or parted ways with for whatever reason. Life is too short and too precious.