Happy August! Summer is quickly coming to an end and while we have had a wonderful time traveling and exploring our state, we are ready to get back into our regular routine – especially our family journaling project!
The start of the school year is bittersweet for this Momma. It’s my oldest son’s senior year so I know it’s going to fly by no matter how much I want to slow things down. My bonus daughter is starting her freshman year of college this month and our youngest two are headed to first and fifth grade. Whew! It’s going to be a year of milestones for each of them.
Our journaling project is a great way to document all of the great things and connect and communicate on subjects we may not always talk about.
August Journal Prompts
- What is the first thing that pops into your mind when you think of August?
- What is your main overall goal for August?
- What’s your business or professional development goals for this month?
- Write down one memory that this month provokes…
- What ideas inspire you?
- It’s National Simplify your Life Week – how can you do just that?
- What one thing / fear would you like to conquer this month?
- What’s your best memory of this summer so far?
- It’s Book Lovers Day. What’s your all-time favorite book? Why?
- Who are you most grateful for this year?
- What one thing has happened to your family & how did you cope / celebrate?
- Using the word Morning write about what you see this morning.
- What color do you think about most around this time of year?
- Is it back to school time for you? If so, how are you preparing? If not write about your own back to school memories.
- Take your journal outside today and just doodle instead of writing!
- How do you exercise with your child or younger relative?
- Have you met your health goals this summer?
- What business plans can you put into place this month?
- It’s World Photo Day, what photo can you share? Describe what this photo means to you.
- What local foods are in season now? How can you incorporate them into your meals this week?
- Set a financial goal for your business this month for the rest of the year.
- Describe the weather outside today.
- What is the one thing you love about where you live?
- Is there anything you missed out on this summer? Why?
- Focus on one healthy goal for this week.
- With kids going back to school, jot down ideas on how you can organize and clean up your office.
- What do you love about your life?
- Are there any tools/software programs that you want to invest in for your business?
- What one thing would you love help with in your business?
- Name someone that you appreciate right now?
- If you had one wish, what would you wish for?