For the month of April, we will be bringing you daily posts centered on our personal finances – saving, making and managing our money.
Taking control of your finances is no easy feat! As we have discussed this month, there are many aspects of our finances that need our attention. However, dedicating the time and energy to save, pay down / eliminate debt, and live fantastically frugal pays off significantly in the short and long-term.
Celebrating your successes does not (and really should not) be an over the top ordeal. There are small but significant ways to reward yourself for the strides you have made in your personal finance journey.
Celebrating Successes: Frugally and Free
- Treat yourself to an ice cream cone or sundae
- Window shop
- Create a Pinterest Board of all the ways you would celebrate if money were not an object (Check out my board here)
- Search a deal-saving site like Groupon, Living Social, etc for frugal rewards in your city
- Take a personal day
- Splurge on an app for your smart device
- Head out for a mani / pedi
- Start a Celebration Jar – put in a specific dollar amount for your goals as you achieve them.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood or at a park.
- Have a relaxing bubble bath – add candles, relaxing music and a great book.
- Order in or pick up take out for dinner.
- Catch up on your DVR items
- Have cuddle time with a loved one
- Enjoy a glass of wine
Reaching a small goal can be just as important as reaching a large one. In addition, because smaller goals are easier to reach, they keep us motivated to reach bigger ones. Celebrating successes – small, large and in between is a great habit to get into to help keep you motivated and focused on your financial goals.