Easy Ways to Say Thank You

There are tons of easy ways to say thank you to those we cross paths with on a daily basis. It’s amazing the impact a genuine smile and small act of kindness can make on a person’s day.

Easy Ways to Say Thank You

• With a note: Yep, a handwritten one. Remember those? With technology, email, Facebook, text messaging, receiving a hand-written thank you note or card could be a welcome surprise for someone
  • Lend a hand: Offer to help with a project or assignment. Know a task they absolutely despise doing? Take the time to do it for them. Believe me, they’ll appreciate it
  • Frame a gratitude quote: You can get an inexpensive frame and print out (or even write out if you’re the creative sort) a thank-you quote to give to them.
  • Refer their services: If you’ve got an awesome stylist, direct sale consultant,  dentist, etc – keep their business cards handy to give out to others. Write your name on the back so your friends will be able to let them know you sent them their way.
  • With a  meal: If it’s your spouse, cook their favorite meal and serve it to them. If it’s a friend or relative, drop off a ready-made meal or have something delivered to their home to give them one less thing to do one evening.
  • With some alone time: Offer to baby-sit their little ones so they enjoy some time alone or a night out.
  • A hug: Yep, it can be just that easy sometimes.

Easy Ways to Say Thank You

• One-on-one time: Taking the time to give someone your undivided attention is a great way to show them how much you truly appreciate them.
  • With you words: Telling someone exactly why you appreciate them and what they’ve done to make you thankful is priceless. It’s easy to say thank you, take it a step further and sincerely tell them why
  • Return a favor: Did a co-worker help out with a deadline? Take the time to assist them the next time they need it, without being asked. Bring them supplies from the supply room. Fill up your husband’s fuel tank (okay…gas is a tad high these days…he’ll appreciate a half-tank!).
  • Questions: Take the time to ask someone how they’re doing, how they’re day is going and sincerely listen without waiting to respond or chime in with your two cents

Thankful Thursday

Welcome to Thankful Thursday! Each week here on Divas With A Purpose, we take the time to focus on what we’re grateful for – no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. I encourage you to share in the comments below and to chime in on our Facebook community

21 comments for “Easy Ways to Say Thank You

1. June 19, 2013 at 1:32 pm

i love this, love the reminder and the tips. This is one gesture that is sometimes forgotten
    Delightful Ideas
    Bag Giveaway

2. June 15, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I always love to make a delicious meal that I know people would love as my way of saying thank you. Like our neighbors who are so nice to keep an eye on our place while we are away. I made them some really nice meal and they all loved it. Small gestures go a long way. :) Just make sure to tell them you are thankful for them. I agree with the list.

3. June 15, 2013 at 1:27 am

These are great reminders that saying thank you can be express in many ways and that we should be generous to let others know how grateful we are.

4. June 14, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I love sending thank you cards out. Thank you for the great list!

5. June 14, 2013 at 10:25 am

For me, saying the word THANK YOU. give a brighten life to that person who do things for you. giving them the sign of appreciation and that you do cherish their work and effort.

6. June 13, 2013 at 7:52 pm

It’s always a good practice to be quick in saying thank you to someone no matter how small or big their help was. thanks for the tips!

7. June 13, 2013 at 7:24 pm

I am printing this for my fridge, I have a 16 year old I have been trying to teach this to.

8. Patricia Woolverton
    June 13, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I love your ideas! Sometimes we need a reminder on how we can thank someone.

9. June 13, 2013 at 1:52 pm

When saying Thank you i mostly show my gratitude with a note or a hug. I’m more on action speaker than words. thanks for other ways on how to show thankfulness.

10. June 13, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I love inspiring posts such as this one. It’s so important to show our gratitude for what others do whether for us or someone else. I really like the idea of framing a gratitude quote and making a meal for someone. I definitely want to try some of these to show my thankfulness to others.

11. June 13, 2013 at 10:44 am

wonderful ideas here on how to say thank you

12. June 13, 2013 at 7:47 am

I agree with you. It’s amazing how a little gratitude can goes a long way and we should practice it everyday.

13. June 13, 2013 at 6:21 am

Great tips that you have shared of how we can reach out to others with just to say thank you. Putting them into practice will surely touch the heart and life of the recipient. Thanks for these insights Michelle

14. June 12, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Great post we gotta thank people for the things they have done even if its something little a thank you goes a long way.

• June 13, 2013 at 11:56 pm

I’m glad you enjoy them, Beth! I appreciate your support here at Divas With A Purpose!

Join in the Discussion, Diva :)