Thankful Thursday – Gratitude Jar
Practicing gratitude on a regular basis can enhance our relationships with others. What better group to start with then our very own families. One way of doing this by starting a gratitude jar. It can be as simple or ornate as your family likes. Have family members place what their thankful for on a regular basis and decide on a time to read them aloud and share – could be quarterly, annually, or just when your family needs a pick-me-up.
Gratitude Jar – Help Make Gratitude a Habit
Gratitude improves our health, relationships, emotions, personality, and career. By keeping a gratitude jar, your family can make being thankful and actively showing gratitude a daily habit.
- Be specific – write down the date and exactly what you’re thankful for and why
- Be personal – don’t focus on things but on people and actions
- Be realistic – don’t make this a chore, but focus on making it a healthy habit
Welcome to Thankful Thursday, Divas!!! I hope you’ve all had a fantastic week! I can’t wait to see what you’re thankful for and the wonderful things that have been going on in your lives this week!
- a chance to spend time with my family this weekend – we celebrated my nephew’s 7th birthday and had a baby shower for one of my cousins
- a close-knit church family that can come together and fellowship with love and laughter
- everyone who’s encouraged me and is supporting the Celebration of Friendship that Divas With A Purpose is putting together here in Columbia, SC
- shhhhh….hear that? You don’t? Neither do I! All of my little ones are tucked away before 9:30 … YES!