Thankful Thursday: In All Things Give Thanks

Welcome to Thankful Thursday at Divas With A Purpose! I hope you’ve all had a fantastic week so far!

Thankful Thursday is a time set aside each week to reflect on what we have to be thankful for in our lives.

This week – our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by explosions at the Boston Marathon.  Explaining these types of incidents to our children can prove difficult at times and, unfortunately, tragedies like these are common-place in the lives of children born on or around 9-11, but we press on and find moments of hope and transformation even in times of despair.

Gratitude in times of worry

This week I am thankful for:

• my youngest daughter getting over the bug that her down earlier this week (combined with teething…fun times, I tell ya!)
  • working for a company that truly embraces work-life balance and that affords me the opportunities to stay home with my children when necessary
  • being able to share and gain knowledge with others through our financial literacy series this month
  • the Keurig machine someone blessed me with this week (yay!!!)
  • times of solitude where I can just be
  • my children and gentle reminders that no matter how much they work that last nerve of mine – I am a better person because of the life, love and joy that they brought into my life. As I was writing this (and my ADHD kicked in) I received a Facebook notification from a fellow blogger whose daughter was born with anencephaly (without a forebrain and cerebrum). I can’t fathom the loss but my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. What inspires me most about her is her drive to use her experience to educate others on this condition.

If you didn’t get a chance to visit the blogs that linked up last week, wow! You are definitely missing out! I can’t wait to read and connect with you all again this week.

Your turn, Divas! Please share at least one thing you’re thankful for this week and link up your gratitude posts below! Hope you all have a fantastic day!!!

Thankful Thursday

17 comments for “Thankful Thursday: In All Things Give Thanks

1. April 18, 2013 at 11:33 am

I LOVE your list! I so need that solitude that will just let me be! Thanks for offering this awesome link up!

• Michelle
      April 24, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Thank you Carri! Appreciate your support!

2. April 18, 2013 at 11:19 am

I am grateful to be able to respond to you and being clothed in my right mind. Many blessings!

• Michelle
      April 24, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Many blessings to you as well, Cynthia!

3. April 18, 2013 at 9:59 am

Most days, and this is one of them, I can’t choose just one or two things to be graceful for.
    I sure do grumble a lot about a lot, but truth is My life is blessed and my daily prayer is too use it as Spirit needs me to.

4. April 18, 2013 at 9:28 am

Yvonne – Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! So thankful you didn’t have an extended stay – and believing you will heed to the advice of the physician!

5. April 18, 2013 at 8:20 am

I am grateful to God that I am alive with hope and have His abiding peace in my heart today. Less than 8 hours ago I was in the emergency room..but thankfully was released with medication along with some sound advice from the attending Physician.

6. April 18, 2013 at 8:02 am

Michelle: Thanks for letting me be mindful today.

I am grateful for the stamina I am developing after some pretty major surgery and my second round of cancer.
    I am grateful I don’t have to do any more chemo.
    I am grateful that I have an incredibly supportive family and friends who continue to stand by me.

I am even more grateful that I said no to the cake calling my name last night…

• April 18, 2013 at 1:40 pm

So much to be thankful for!!! Thank you for sharing…I have to admit, I wasn’t as disciplined when it came down to turning down the sweets today. Have a fantastic week!!!

7. April 17, 2013 at 11:35 pm

I am thankful that my daughter got to see her 4th birthday although we could not do much I was able to make it a special day with what we had. I am also thankful for God’s blessings the ones seen and unseen.

• April 18, 2013 at 7:21 am

Happy Birthday to your little Diva!

8. April 17, 2013 at 9:36 pm

I am thankful to wake each morning with a sound mind and clear conscience. Health and strength for a job to pay the bills and the patience not to kill my 17 year old son! God has truly blessed me and my family and for that I am always THANKFUL! May peace and blessings be upon you and yours!

• April 18, 2013 at 7:20 am

So it doesn’t get better…LOL? My oldest is almost 12 and there are days….Woosah!

• April 18, 2013 at 12:59 pm

NOPE!!

• April 18, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Thanks for not giving me false hope :)

• April 18, 2013 at 1:52 pm

lol – I would never do that to you my dear!

Join in the Discussion, Diva :)