15 Soul Searching Questions To Ask Yourself
Often times I’m asked what exactly is a Diva With A Purpose?
Many can embrace the “divatude” definition- being driven, inspiring, victorious and called to action. But the two areas that I get questioned about the most are being “called to action” and “what is this purpose thing you’re talking about”
Simply put, your purpose is directly related to your passion. What motivates you? What makes you want to take action?
Here’s the thing your purpose, passion, that thing that spurs you to action does NOT have to be some large scale, grandiose plan to shift the direction of the Earth’s axis. It can be making a difference in your immediate family or community.
Perhaps you’ve already discovered many of your passions and get to spend much of your time enjoying things that bring you excitement and joy. However, maybe you’ve not yet connected with activities, skills, and interests that ignite your passion.
It takes time, soul-searching, and some life experience to identify your true passions. These questions are designed to tap into your wants, needs, desires, and life goals. Have fun with them and discover what you can add to your life that will fill it with delight.
Posted by Divas With A Purpose on Thursday, July 16, 2015
Can’t view the video? Head to our Facebook page to connect and see it!
15 Soul Searching Questions To Ask Yourself
- What’s the one thing I’ve always wanted to do? Consider what would need to happen in order for you to carry through with this long-sought wish. Make a plan and get started.
- If I could spend today doing whatever I desire, what would it be? Let your mind go. It could be something related to your work, your home, or simply a lark.
- Where do I really want to live? What city and what type of residence? Perhaps you’re already fulfilling this passion and you do live in your true first choice. If not, ponder the possibilities of moving to a place you’ll love.
- Where would I like to visit? Perhaps you’re harboring a secret yearning to visit Washington, D.C. or Westminster Abbey in London. The streets of Hong Kong may be calling your name or even the Grand Canyon. Can you make it happen?
- What do I talk about doing but never do it? In a conversation, you might state something like, “For the last 10 years, I’ve really wanted to take a cruise to the Caribbean.”
- What are the reasons I don’t go after my dreams? Explore within yourself why you haven’t pursued the life you want. Can you do something differently to help bring your dreams to life?
- How will I finish the sentence, “More than anything, before I die, I want to ___________?” Say it out loud and fill in the blank. Then, figure out a way to accomplish it.
- What are the things in my life that I would like to get rid of? If you’re discovering you don’t love everything about your life, maybe it’s time to do some “housecleaning.” Make a list of the ways you’d like your life to change.
- Which people in my life inspire me and why? It’s important to know who inspires you so you can spend more time with them. What is it about them that lights you up so much? Decide to take every step to be inspired more often.
- If I were to make just one radical change in my life right now to make life better, what would it be? Your answer to this question will really open up your possibilities. Moving to a bigger city might really spice up your life. Getting more education might be a goal, a career change, the possibilities are endless. You’ll be happier if you chase your dreams. Make 1 change.
- How do I feel when I put all my effort into accomplishing one of my goals? Notice these feelings. You’ll no doubt want to experience them more often.
- How do I feel whenever I achieve a life goal? Awesome, probably.
- What’s missing from my life? Answering this question requires considerable soul-searching.
- Who are my biggest supporters? It’s wise to know the people that will stand behind you and help you pursue your passions, no matter what.
- Who gets in the way of me achieving my goals? In order to find your true passions, you might be required to disengage from those who wish to counteract your efforts.
If you take the time to thoroughly ponder each of these questions, you’ll be pleased with what you discover. You may be surprised and it will motivate you to take action. I’ve been sitting on this list for sometime because once I truly answered all of them and worked through my goals it opened the doors to me removing some “fluff” to make room for the things that truly make a difference in my life and that of my family’s. Your true passions are inside you, just waiting to be let loose to bring you excitement, joy, and fulfillment.